Forum

MotorSwap.org Forum Index

FAQ
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register

97 Supercharged 3.8L into a 97 GT 3.8L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MotorSwap.org Forum Index // W-Body - 2nd GEN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
97prixrider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: 97 Supercharged 3.8L into a 97 GT 3.8L Reply with quote
I recently aquired a 97 S/C 3.8 and want to put in in my 97 Grand Prix GT. What has to be added to the GT to allow me to put the S/c engine in. Do I have to put a different tranny in? Do I have to put the 4t65e or the 4t65ehd in place of the 4t60e? The tranny in the GT is already giving me problems in the shifting department, I put a new filter and fluid and that did not help. How hard would it be to rebuild the tranny? Its an automatic tranny. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
CraiGM
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would recommened you swap in the 4t65e. Stronger/better differential.

You need to swap the whole motor in, or swap the top half in. Which would be the heads, supercharger, and LIM.

You need the L67 wire harness for the supercharger harness. It can be wired into the GY harness I believe.

This has been done many times before. Check out www.zzperformance.com

http://WWW.AZGMPERFORMANCE.COM
97prixrider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The original 3.8 is blown so I have to put the entire engine in. On another forum it was recommended to go with the TEP what is that? WHere would you go to purchase the wing harness for the S/C engine? Thanks for you help.
Automosity
GT Level Member
GT Level Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use the engine harness from your non-sc 3800. ZZP sells a swap kit to make your harness work on the L67. Here's the link. http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=173&catid=108
go fast mods: L67 swap, 3.4", 180* t-stat, , Autolite 104s, CAI, custom exhaust, DHP PowrTuner
ninnyGTP
SE Level Member
SE Level Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pish posh, you don't need any "kit" to make it work. The only difference between the L36 and L67 is the MAP sensor, the BBV solenoid, and the EVAP is on the opposite side of the motor. Simply use the MAP sensor off your L36 and bypass the BBV solenoid (something i've done both to my GTP and SE after the l67 swap).. Lastly, the EVAP. easily can be moved to the opposite side as both n/a and s/c 3800's use the same purge canister

As far as TEP, that's Triple Edge Performance... Dave does transmission and built 3800's. If you already have the motor than there's no sense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MotorSwap.org Forum Index // W-Body - 2nd GEN All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: