FAQ
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register

99+ Grand Am N-Body L67 Swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3n

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: 99+ Grand Am N-Body L67 Swap Reply with quote
I still have yet to see an actual L67 swap into a 99+ Grand Am...anyone have any pics of this? Also, what modifications and parts would I need to do this besides the engine, tranny and computer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimraelee
GT Level Member
GT Level Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: grand am conversion to l67 Reply with quote
well im still in the searching stages of my 94 grand am conversion... but as soon as the swap begins.. Im taking a week off work to complete the task... Hopefully the temp will rise a little outside so that I dont freeze... but Ill be taking pics and making a right up as i go... Ill keep the forum updated
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: 99 grand am swap with a 3800 supercharged Reply with quote
You have to make the motor mounts,A/C lines,power steering lines and shorten the drive axle. Make the wiring loom. I have 200 hours in mine and i am not done yet. The biggest problem is the PCM. The grand prix PCM will not work. You have to use the grand am one. That is the only thing i have not figured out yet.
jimraelee
GT Level Member
GT Level Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 99 grand am swap with a 3800 supercharged Reply with quote
newfinish wrote:
You have to make the motor mounts,A/C lines,power steering lines and shorten the drive axle. Make the wiring loom. I have 200 hours in mine and i am not done yet. The biggest problem is the PCM. The grand prix PCM will not work. You have to use the grand am one. That is the only thing i have not figured out yet.

Yes Im working on the motor mounts now... I actually have the dogbone mounts made... http://home.comcast.net/~jimforsale/eng_mounts/misc_pics.htm

and whats wrong the the Grand prix pcm... why will it not work.. I know of the fact that I have to have a DHP pcm so that the can turn off the "theft deterent system" and the grand am pcm will not work on the 3800 engine.. the 3800 has extra sensors for the cam that the 3100 does not have... how about sharing some of your pics ???
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: 99 grand am with a 3800 supercharged Reply with quote
The 99 up grand am can not use the grand prix PCM . The signal from the PCM is different between the 99 grand am and a 2000 grand prix , that goes to the gauge cluster. My car had a 3400 HO motor in it. I do not have any pictures of it right now. But i can take some. If you look under the hood on my car it looks like i have a stock 3800 supercharged motor in it. And it look like it came from the factory that way. Have any question email me at newfinish@cox.net.You can see pictures of it at http://www.newfinish.com [url][/url]

Last edited by newfinish on Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
bu01
SE Level Member
SE Level Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
please posts pics
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bu01 wrote:
please posts pics
You can see pictures on the home page. It is the car of the month. Thanks
jimraelee
GT Level Member
GT Level Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
newfinish wrote:
bu01 wrote:
please posts pics
You can see pictures on the home page. It is the car of the month. Thanks

Hey I guess you got the pcm thing figured out ok.... did that guy make you a custom pcm like you were thingking??? and where did you hide that, I see your battery in stock location so its odviously not there???
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is inside the car. Where the stock grand am one goes.I found a PCM that was for a 3800 with automatic tranny. Plus this one let everything on my cluster work. All i had to do is have the theft removed. I am waiting to get it back. All i know is you can not use a Grand Prix PCM. Because the cluster will not work. So know one could make me one. I just keep tring PCM until i found one that made everything work. This was the hardest part. But i hope i am done now.
blackZ34
Z Level Member
Z Level Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would have put autometer gauge all around way before changing PCM over and over...but that's just me!

1997 Monte Carlo Z34, 3800 SC swap

ZZP VS cam, comp cam lifters, Intense 1.7 roller rockers, Intense LW pushrod, TOG'S headers, custom PCM, Intense MPS 3.2", 3.69 gears, Intense TC325, Intense shift kit, Intense GenII LSD
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing else worked. The gauges,airbags and idiot lights. The only thing that did work was the theft system. Aftermarket gauges could have been used but everything goes through the PCM. You would have to rewire the cluster. You would not have any airbags or idiot light. The idiot light will tell you if the motor is not running right throught the check engine light. That is why i went that way. Laughing
brianteel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
are you sure the air bags are apart of the that system...most car si have seem are seperate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brianteel wrote:
are you sure the air bags are apart of the that system...most car si have seem are seperate
No i am not but i want to see the light flash and go out. That way i know the bags will blow if i get in accident. Laughing
brianteel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
what lights are on...i will look up all the wirring
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
brianteel wrote:
what lights are on...i will look up all the wirring
Now i found the right PCM everything works like it should. That is what i meant. I just answer someone else question. Why i did not just put autometer gauges in. Because i wanted everything to work right. Very Happy
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can see more pictures of the motor swap atwww.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=6943.
Constrution ahead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
First off it my first post, on my way now. lol

But I was wondering if you could give a parts breakdown of what you had to buy and also if you want to make one of the things that you had to custum make?

I am looking into doing this swap in my alero and was just looking to get an idea of what it was going to take to get started.
newfinish
LS Level Member
LS Level Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First off the wiring and the PCM is the hardest part to do.. It was not easy at all. I have about 400 hours in my and it is all done now.
blackZ34
Z Level Member
Z Level Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
newfinish wrote:
It is inside the car. Where the stock grand am one goes.I found a PCM that was for a 3800 with automatic tranny. Plus this one let everything on my cluster work. All i had to do is have the theft removed. I am waiting to get it back. All i know is you can not use a Grand Prix PCM. Because the cluster will not work. So know one could make me one. I just keep tring PCM until i found one that made everything work. This was the hardest part. But i hope i am done now.

I know this is an old thread but does that PCM worked?
What car car is it from?

1997 Monte Carlo Z34, 3800 SC swap

ZZP VS cam, comp cam lifters, Intense 1.7 roller rockers, Intense LW pushrod, TOG'S headers, custom PCM, Intense MPS 3.2", 3.69 gears, Intense TC325, Intense shift kit, Intense GenII LSD
cryptnix
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
newfinish wrote:
You can see more pictures of the motor swap atwww.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=6943.

this car still running low 14's?

1996 Cutlass Supreme
L36 swap/Novi 1k
Lowered (FFP Coils, Intrax Springs, KYB all around)
poika
SE Level Member
SE Level Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to know what this car is running.

Not to mention I want that motor in my GA too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MotorSwap.org Forum Index // N-Body All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: